Voxels - traditional low scale geometry
Short for volume pixel
A voxel (volume element), represents a value on a regular grid in three dimensional space.
- Voxels are frequently used in
- Visualization and analysis of medical and scientific data. X-Rays, CAT (Computed Axial Tomography) Scans,
and MRIs (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), accurate 3D models of the human body
- Representation of terrain in games and simulations
- Voxels are well suited for full freeform modelling - "Digital Clay"
- High resolution modeling by Voxels requires huge amount of memory and computing power, but tomorrow ..
- Surface control - makes no/little sense, to coarse representation
We have never used any traditional voxel CAD tools at ROBIN? Not so useful for our needs